p pol The Adventures of Carboman: End Of One & Start Of Another One...And A Scare

Monday, March 26, 2007

End Of One & Start Of Another One...And A Scare

The week, that is. Had to come back to work yesterday. It was supposed to be a commando hit job but ended up in the trenches for 5 hours. Anything more than that would've been a case similar to the Battle of Mogadishu. While I was in the office, Carbowoman and Carbokid 1 spent their time hitting KLCC and by the time I picked them up, Carbokid was thoroughly worn out from all that walking. Poor fella. Sent him for a hair cut and then while his Mom did some grocery shopping at Giant, he hit the indoor playground. Anyways when we went home he was fine albeit very tired. After dinner while he was lounging watching TV, he suddenly cried out, shouting "So painful!" and tears started running down his face. At first we thought he just wanted attention but when he didn't stop, we realized that it could be something wrong. He pointed to a spot just above his archilles tendon of his right leg and I ran my fingers round the area and felt hardened tissue. I didn't know what to make of it - there wasn't redness, nor swelling but he was twisting around in pain. I certainly wasn't a cramp as he could move his lower leg and toes - no seizure at all. So I used a little Flanil (warned him to expect the heat beforehand) and massaged the spot. He was still crying then. After awhile he quietened down but later in the bedroom the pain came back again and this time I used an ice pack even though there still was no swelling. We really didn't know what to make of it.
 
He was fine this morning and we didn't bring up the subject at all. But we will monitor the situation. If indeed there was some injury to the lower leg, we'll need to send him in for a checkup. I don't know if he landed wrongly on his feet while at the playground or something or he simply twisted his ankle without knowing it.
 
I came in late to work this morning as a replacement time-off from yesterday. That allowed me to put in a 10K run this morning. Started off very easily but increased the pace significantly until I ended the workout at 6:32 pace, which was 12 seconds off my 2006 marathon pace. The Forsters felt good and the next run in them will be a 20K. Hope to do an easy 6 this evening in the 2120s.

1 Comments:

  • What a scare!
    Make sure C1 drinks enough water and milk.
    -H20

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home