p pol The Adventures of Carboman: KLIM 2007 (Half Marathon) Race Report

Monday, March 19, 2007

KLIM 2007 (Half Marathon) Race Report

This is not a race

Yup, you read that right. I didn't approach this as a race but merely a stepping stone towards my full rehabilitation as a marathoner. This morning's run was to allow me to gauge if my training has been in the right direction and also as a proving ground.

 

Having laid out my gear, including breakfast the night before, I was out the door pretty quickly. Breakfast was a puff pastry with half a cup of hot Milo. In the 3 Nike bottles were some concoction (nothing illegal, I assure you) in varying degrees of dilution. I don't concoct things on race day so this confirms that the morning run was part of my training for the big one. I also opted not to wear the Forsters after testing it out on a tempo run yesterday. I felt that my condition had not reached the level where I can do away with added cushioning and support. I carried a pack of GU gel and a pack of Agel.

 

For the full report, click here.

6 Comments:

  • Dr:As usual, an enjoyable race report to read.

    You ran a good race (I called it that) with nearly identical pacing for the two halves. I think that is the best strategy to a run sub-2 hr time for a half marathon.

    Except for one race,I ran my sub 2-hrs HM time with even pacing throughout the entire distance.

    By Blogger krunner, at 10:45 PM  

  • I agree with krunner, you paced yourself very well for both halves, and I enjoyed your report.

    If you get a chance, please visit my running web site, Faithful Soles. I have a categorized and searchable Running Blog Database on there and would appreciate it if you would link your blog to it. We currently have bloggers from 38 states in the USA and 21 other countries around the world. Thanks and continued good luck in your marathon training.

    By Blogger Faithful Soles, at 12:16 AM  

  • Hey Dr, you did pretty well! Congrats!

    By Blogger Tan BoSe, at 9:58 AM  

  • super report..... maybe can consider doing sports writing during ur free time.... its eugene here..... called u along Jalan Bukit Bintang....... take care and hope to meet u in person to chat during some other races.....

    By Blogger sgloong, at 1:59 PM  

  • Dr, wah running with a 2120, how does it feel, amazing!!!!!

    By Blogger C-CUBE, at 4:28 PM  

  • Hi Jamie,

    Been lurking here once in a while but nvr left any comments so far. The link doesn;t seems to work btw. Nvm. I am a fren of Azwar (who isn't nowadays anyway considering his celeb status... LOL). Anyway, what I wanted to ask actually is do u work somewhere in Citibank coz I think I saw u couple of times but was not sure.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home