p pol The Adventures of Carboman: Setting Things Up For the Weekend

Friday, March 09, 2007

Setting Things Up For the Weekend

Once again I arrived at the park late, but not as late as the previous 2 days. But I won't complain as I got my run in - woooo hoooo! OK, that felt good. Anyways Cheong and Newton were finishing their runs and Rohaizad was going great guns, running at a brisk pace. I went on my own and tried hard to lock down a Lactate Threshold pace, which resulted in all laps under 8 minutes. I was tired at the end but not wiped out. To aid recovery, I had a serving of Endurox mixed with Sunkist Orange/Grapefruit juice after dinner, followed by copius quantity of fluids. At last I've found a palatable way of drinking Endurox!

TOF was 45 minutes plus while the average road pace was 5:50, which is a marginally quicker pace than the day before. Today's run will definitely need to be a 6 miler but run at a comfortably easy pace. Tomorrow is strictly a rest day to catch up on household chores and the family while Sunday will be the SMART Tunnel Run 14K. I've yet to decide on how I want to run the race - do I run it at an easy pace or a tempo training, or a combo with the tempo pickup midway through the run? Either way, it will only be a training run for me contributing to the big picture.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Is 16k woh...not 14k.

    By Blogger Keipo, at 6:20 PM  

  • Hey, Jamie, hope all is well.

    Bear in mind that (supposedly) the "window" after a run when the Endurox R4 will best work its magic is ~2 hours -- so make sure you're injesting within that time.

    Take care,

    Mitch
    Shaker Heights, Ohio USA

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home