p pol The Adventures of Carboman: Midweek Long Run

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Midweek Long Run

The heavens really opened up during my 3rd lap. Since I took my chances in the first two by foregoing the jacket and cap, I had to beat a hasty retreat to the car to put on some protection. By that time however, I was already soaked through.

After hitting the loop again, this time properly attired, Rohaizad joined me and the rain came and went in waves. Torrential downpour interspersed with heavy drizzle pelting down as we sploshed our way along. It didn't feel tiring at all. After waiting frustratingly long for the rain to stop, 2 American ladies decided that they've had enough and proceeded to walk in the rain - sheepishly at first but after awhile, they were ambling along nicely.

As usual we attracted the stares of the "shade seekers". A few more laps later, Newton joined in and then Justin (Nurotevil has left for Kangar and finally left him in peace. Read about it here). I finished the workout feeling really refreshed and glad to have logged 14.3K at 6:20 pace. Not bad for a very wet Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home