p pol The Adventures of Carboman: Broken Strap

Monday, March 21, 2005

Broken Strap

I don't know about you but I wear my watch everywhere. It never leaves my wrist. While showering, doing the big business, in the pool, out shopping, at the office, sleeping, anything and everything!

I've found it to be such an indispensible tool that I find use in everything I do. Even when sleeping, and my son wakes up whining and I need to know what time it is, a flick on the wrist is all it takes - beats groping around for the bedside clock (which I don't have anyway!).

Even though my watch has 2 interval timers which I don't use anymore (used them twice to complete 2 marathons on run/walk basis), there are 3 alarms set-able by days, weekdays and weekends. Therefore I can have 3 concurrent alarm settings to cater to my morning training.

The countdown timer has proven handy over the many treasure hunts that I've been on. The most utilized function is the 50-lap memory and training log. From its records, I transcribe the content over to my physical training log which I use to monitor my progress as well as to track my shoe mileage. I never had to experience sweaty wrist due to the webbed strap.

It's been only 1.5 years since I bought it and now the PU strap's bought it! The watch section in Isetan KLCC informed me that it'll cost between RM60 to RM70 for a replacement strap. The watch has to be sent back to the local distributor as the strap is constructed to "fuse" with the watch body. Looks like I'll be missing my faithful watch for 2 weeks! For now, I'm making do with the Heart Rate Monitor as a time piece.

My faithful watch. I'll be missing you!

3 Comments:

  • Aiya, your strap quite expensive lah. Somemore need to fuse to the watch. Nevertheless, your watch looks very nice too...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:11 PM  

  • Wow, that's about USD 17 for the strap. Here in the US a whole new 50 lap Ironman watch can be had for around USD 30.

    Great timepiece .. I have one myself. Very light and cool on the wrist.

    Mitch
    Shaker Heights, OH, USA

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:05 AM  

  • Yeah Mitch. It's very expensive. I guess watch companies have the same principle as printer companies in that the printer itself is very affordable but try buying the replacement ink cartridges - costs a bomb! Same goes for Gillette, Schick and BiC shavers whose shaving blades are as expensive as the startup kit.

    By Blogger Jamie Pang, at 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home