p pol The Adventures of Carboman: A Blessing In Disguise?

Monday, March 05, 2007

A Blessing In Disguise?

As I'm typing this, it's pouring outside. Having planned to clock a 1-hour run, I'm shattered. Even more so when I just got off a 2 1/2-hour conference call with our regional development team and in dire need of releasing some stress. But after reviewing my training log, it may be a sign for me to rest for a day. It's been a daily affair last week except for a day off. Perhaps it's too soon to evaluate the possibility of me returning a good time for the Penang Marathon, but after staring at the pacing chart I stuck to the walls of my cubicle, I know I've got some serious work to do. Just to share with you, to finish in roughly about the same time as my PR of 4:26, I need to maintain a 6:20 pace (insert gulp!). To run a 4:11 marathon, I need to conjure up 5:57 splits (insert double gulp!!). For a 4-hour race, I've to somehow do 5:42 for each K (insert fainting here).....

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • hangon there, and there is also no shortcut. just have to train and not giving up, to achieve the results while enjoying it too.

    By Blogger C-CUBE, at 9:53 PM  

  • consistency and discipline! with that, I'm sure you can attain it. Long runs and LTs!

    By Blogger pm19, at 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home