p pol The Adventures of Carboman: Life As It Is

Monday, March 27, 2006

Life As It Is

Like many of my fellow running counterparts, we've hardly been blogging nowadays. While some of us quiet ones have not been running (I personally am closing in on 1 month of sedentary lifestyle - more on that later), I know of one who have been keeping it up albeit indoors. Well, it's better than not at all, and I'm sure those 45 mins he has been consistently logging will ensure he maintains an even keel in terms of cardio fitness. I personally think that even though it sure is boring and unchallenging, the 'mill provides the opportunity for one that's too caught up a chance to still run. I admit to having cast an eye on some models but I've got to be realistic - they're expensive and adds yet another thing to maintain, certainly a premium item. I've yet to try those couple of hundred bucks' manual ones that are sold in hypermarts. Are they decent enough to last a year?
 
The project which have been proving hard to kill is at tails-end. My users are frantically working to close the outstanding problem logs and hopefully we'll be able to clear all the high risk ones by this week. I've given a lot to this project (many times leaving the office only at 9pm) and my health has been worse off for it. My cough has returned and the whole household is coughing along. Due to the complete absence of exercise I've been more lethargic, I recover slower and needing more time to rest. Surprisingly my weight has been the same.

On the hobby business side, things are moving along nicely and we're in the process of building an advisory column as well as exploring a few other exciting opportunities. Which brings me to contemplate whether to bring down www.jamiepang.com next year. There are some pretty good stuff in there that's good for sharing and it'll be a shame to take it offline. On the other hand I'm having my hands full managing 3 websites.
 
For now, I'm fully focused to deliver the project and once that's done, I can't wait to lace up again. The prospect of running the Putrajaya Marathon with Seecube (complete with his adidas shades) and Lifemou (complete with his collection of Saturday night adventures) are my motivation to get back on track. Not to mention that pair of new rubbers (the shoes, the shoes) too!

3 Comments:

  • lifemou: make sure u buy the Oakley shades.

    By Blogger C-CUBE, at 5:18 PM  

  • carboman: my pleasure to run the Putrajaya Marathon with you.

    By Blogger C-CUBE, at 5:29 PM  

  • come by my place and hop on to the treadmill if you have the time. Usually after 7pm

    By Blogger pm19, at 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home