p pol The Adventures of Carboman: To Lifemou:

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

To Lifemou:

I've no natural speed and I certainly didn't run my first marathon in 4:19. In fact, I've not run any marathons faster than 4:39. I've also no cross-training regime and I'll probably fall to my death if I go rock climbing (without a harness of course)! I consider the 30K performance a fluke - I couldn't have outrun you. No way, uh uh.
 
I've missed so many weekday workouts that I've found updating my training log a painful attack on my conscience. Like you, the boss species have heaped misery on my plans with senseless tasks. Some so pointless that I'm beginning to think he's got a vendetta against me. I fully expect to "smell your exhaust fumes" in the coming KLIM. But at least it's a fun activity we're going to be engaging in. The only armour I have on me are the Sunday long runs I've put in over the past month and the final one this Sunday. I'm not even sure if they will prevent a total wipe-out by you.

So in the spirit of competitiveness, I'm going to resort to some tactics to supplement the above.
By the way, aren't you supposed to be partying on the night of Mar 4th? Check your fridge - have you stocked up on the beer? Hehehe...

For some Lifemou wit, visit http://lifemou.blogspot.com - he's really a nice fella!

7 Comments:

  • hehehe...have not been touching alcohol ever since, has done 21km on last Sat and 11km on Monday...hehehe...doing 30km this weekend...so much mileage coz there is one beauty running along with me(Cheong The Witness..nice ah???)...ahahahaha...hope u dont pass out smelling the toxic gas from MBFA during KLIM!!!!!

    By Blogger lifemou, at 1:18 PM  

  • lifemou: heard there's a sale @ tesco. carlsberg carton 20% off. jack daniels 30% off. smirnoff 40% off.

    By Blogger Jamie Pang, at 2:08 PM  

  • carboman:no need so much discount lah...just to put spring into yr legs..I hav to do some social drinking at Larbodega Bangsar tonight...there goes my tommorow 20km plan...finally...my long lost friend:YAM SENGH!!!

    By Blogger lifemou, at 5:58 PM  

  • i heard some machine also can run on alcohol. today bad day lah...kena taro from 3 parties. never mind tomorrow i'll run to refresh my brain cells.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:06 PM  

  • CHIVAS on me, winner takes all.....

    By Blogger C-CUBE, at 10:42 AM  

  • c-cube: I have advanced from CHIVAS to SWING and now will only raise to the bait of Jack Daniel Blue Label!!! You want to up the ANTE?

    By Blogger lifemou, at 12:49 PM  

  • JD, no problemo

    By Blogger C-CUBE, at 4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home