p pol The Adventures of Carboman: Misc Stories

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Misc Stories

What happened over the week? Plenty. Well, in the running sense, not much. Not wanting to risk illness I took several days off due to the wet weather. Add those days to my rest days on Monday and Tuesday, my runs were only on Wednesday and this morning. Total mileage = 35K or so. Not good but luckily we're already in the final weeks of preps.



C2 came down with a bad throat infection. With it fever, runny nose, the whining, crying - the whole works. Add to that his teething (I counted 4 popping up from his gums), we have one very irritated and unhappy child and 3 stressed adults. The doctor told us to resist giving him the antibiotics but with the household tethering on exhaustion, we caved in on Saturday. I made the decision based on the fact that we will be returning to work on Monday and if he continues to be a handful, it'll be a problem for her. With 2 courses taken, C2 seemed much better. And I was also able to go for my final long run this morning.



I'm in the midst of migrating my data over to the Mac. A couple more applications remain. In fact I'm already operating mostly from the Mac. Unlike others who run both the Mac OS and Windows on the same machine, I intend to make a clean cut from Windows based platform. Enough is enough. Make the change (sounds familiar? heh heh!) Anyway I'm having loads of fun with the Mac. It just  promotes the creative juices in me.


That Windows machine will be donated to charity once the migration completes

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • You see..

    the only thing I see in the picture is the iMac overshining everything else.. the sleek white (or in your case, BLACK) Apple sign just pushing everything else in its path!

    Go Apple!!!!!

    Once you go Mac, you neva go Bac(k)!!!

    By Blogger Julian, at 2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home