p pol The Adventures of Carboman: I'm Treating Myself To A Milkshake!

Friday, June 01, 2007

I'm Treating Myself To A Milkshake!

Had my annual med check at the HSC Medical Centre this morning. Since this is a company sponsored benefit at close to RM1,000, it's silly not to exercise it. So after a heavy pasta dinner last night, complete with plenty of fluids and Endurox I was ready to do the tests with the compulsory fasting.

Blood Drawing
I didn't like this but still it's something not to procrastinate on doing. If there are problems in you, chances are it'll show up in the blood. So it's an important bio-marker. The elderly man stuck the needle in with me looking another direction - no problem. But it was a little painful when he drew the blood into the syringe.


Treadmill Stress Test
Managed to reach Level 5 of Level 7. This test is not as easy as it appears. The physician attached many electrodes to my body and after watching the Five Thousand Meters DVD, I no longer feel shy about my scrawny body (you should check out the ascetic look of the US Olynpics Trials runners in the DVD!). So I stuck out my chest happily for him to stick those things on. Level 1 was just walking on elevation - my HR was at 70bpm at this stage. Things start to heat up at Level 4 when the speed was faster and the incline increased - HR hovered at 120bpm. Level 5 wasn't so easy with a speed of 8km/h at 18 degrees! My HR topped close to 183bpm. That was about my 10K race pace effort, in terms of heart effort. That's when the physician stopped the test as their scope is to see how you're responding when you're operating at near max heart rate.


After all those, I had the complimentary American breakfast and chilled out by watching Ian Wright on Astro. I love watching his programs. Funny fella.

Collected my reports, CD of the ultrasound and X-Ray after discussing the results with the doctor.

General Results
Total Cholesterol 4.0 (<5.2)
LDL 1.9 (<2.5)
HDL 1.5 (>0.9)
Triglycerides 1.4 (<1.5)
Blood Protein, Uric Acid, HIV, Calcium, Phosphate, Electrolytes, Prostate, Kidneys, Bladders, Thyroid, X-Ray, Tumour Markers - all OK


Now to continue watching the diet and keep up with the exercising. Wooo hoooo!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Wah lau you scored with FLYING colors, many congrats lah!
    All signs are clear, full steam ahead (PBM)!


    H2O
    Paris

    By Blogger CP Waterman, at 12:32 PM  

  • Bravo Carboman!! You've set a very good example to all runners for being in a perfect stage of health.. :)

    By Blogger NEZZ, at 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home