p pol The Adventures of Carboman: Slightly Over 4 Weeks To Tapering

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Slightly Over 4 Weeks To Tapering

I had a fantastic run this morning. It wasn't that long but I'm very happy to be able to retain the "run effort" for the 8.5K, gradually dropping the pace until running at 10K race pace for the final 1.5K. The gunk which had stuck to my throat wasn't there anymore and the discharge was able to drain itself directly down my throat. I was able to enter into "The Zone" 5 minutes of starting my run, which was amazing. All in all, a confidence boosting workout in preparation of Sunday's cruncher.
 
Oh yes, I've come up with a workaround solution to counter missing the 2 35Ks next week and the final week before tapering. I think the unplanned avoidance of doing the draining sessions will keep me fresh and strong.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home