p pol The Adventures of Carboman: Final Crunch And A Surprise

Friday, March 31, 2006

Final Crunch And A Surprise

Wednesday: After getting an earful from the big boss - my supervisor and his boss included - I stayed back (not something new these days, if you've been following my blog) to quickly put up a deliverable. By the time I left it was 10pm. My wife had taken Carbokid home and he had already fallen asleep, so I made sure she didn't come down to pick me up. The LRT ride to Kelana Jaya took 30 minutes and the cab ride back home was RM25. Of course I was scalped but these cabsters (cabbies + gangsters) operate in a group. They stakeout each LRT stops fleecing late night workers desperate to get home. I got home and my wife cooked me 2 packets of instant noodles while I showered. After eating, I slid into bed and promptly dozed off. Eating badly, resting badly. Another week or so to go. The end is in sight.

Thursday: Carbokid surprised us all when he was able to write the alphabets tracing the dotted lines. We're so proud and happy. Something that we're doing must be right. And so we must keep it up.

Today: It's gonna be another late night. To underline the load of work (coupled with the timeline) the unit is being put under tremendous pressure. Half of the staff are still around and dinner has already been ordered quashing doubts that we can go home. Carbo Woman has left to pick up Carbo Kid and I'll rendezvous with them later.

4 Comments:

  • Good luck in ur assignments and deliverables. the moon is not always round and there will always be ups and downs. PUSH ON, as running the last 5km of the race. You will hit the finishing line in no time. Take care.

    By Blogger C-CUBE, at 11:43 PM  

  • Hey Carboman..

    I just wanted to drop a line and say HI also.. and I second seecube.. Push on.. and hang in there!

    Thankfully, the track will always be there..

    By Blogger Julian, at 4:32 AM  

  • Hi Carboman, it had been some time since I have visited your blog. Anyway, my situation and yours is the same...tons of work to complete and not to mention the amount of money being invested into the new projects had to be made sure that they took off properly...I didn't even have the time to write blogs except today...anyway, good luck with your work...take care.

    By Blogger Boon Haw, at 12:22 PM  

  • Wow, another work related post. Seems like it's been awile since you wrote about something related to running. Hang in there bro... Suck in your gut. Take in a deep breath and run past the wall. The finish line is just ahead. Take care.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home