p pol The Adventures of Carboman: Dude Where's My Card?

Monday, July 11, 2005

Dude Where's My Card?

The KNN fella has received his Singapore Marathon invitation card last week. In his excitement, he SMS'd me and I rushed to my old apartment where I'd moved out from to check. No card! Then I remembered that I registered using my colleague's address because at that time I thought I'd already moved to the new home. So I informed my colleague to keep a lookout for a card from Singapore for me.

The excitement hadn't caught on yet as it's still a long way to go to December but chances are that I'll be running my 5th marathon in Singapore again. That'll be my 3rd attempt since 2003 at finishing with a good time there. Since Standard Chartered took up the title sponsorship from Exxon-Mobil in 2002, the Singapore Marathon has always been a wonderfully organized event. The event has grown by leaps and bounds over the years in terms of participants. The number of cheer teams dipped slightly in 2003 but I hope the organizers will put up bigger incentives to lure more teams this year.

Running Singapore is naturally challenging, not in terms of terrain (it's rather flat) but in the weather. Located just off the equator, runners can anticipate hot and humid weather nearly all the way. To read more about my previous Singapore Marathon experiences, hit the links below:

The 2004 Invitation Post Card

My 2003 Singapore Experience | 2004 Experience

3 Comments:

  • Got my card... yay... Singapore, here we come???

    Hehhehe...

    I'm still going for the half la...

    By Blogger Julian, at 1:23 AM  

  • Hi! Dr. Jamie ,

    The card is just a reminder for runners to register early before 1st August in order to enjoy the early bird discount. Anyway, the wordings in the card are very encouraging.

    I have just got it. So, I think your card should be on the way.

    Enjoy your training runs and see u again.

    Take care.

    Bye x 2

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:28 AM  

  • Yo Saxman and P2!
    Looks like it's gonna be a great time in SG again! We certainly had fun last year!

    By Blogger Jamie Pang, at 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home