p pol The Adventures of Carboman: Chapati + Dhal = Breakfast of Champions

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Chapati + Dhal = Breakfast of Champions

I had 2 chapatis for breakfast just now. Though not ultimately filling, they're good food. I've been catching up on my reading lately and am about a quarter into Dean Karnazes' Ultramarathon Man (DKUM). This title certainly has more zip to it than CarboMan but I think this crazy fella has earned it. I hope to finish it by end of this week, if not the next.

My usual reading habit dictates that I dig into a few books at the same time. Lately due to the lack of time and to maintain focus on each book cover that I've opened, I've switched tactics and decided to finish one at a time - a sort of "Finish What You Started Policy". Granted some books just can't be read cover to cover. An example would be Tim Noakes Lore of Running, which sometimes transport me back to my High School Biology days learning about Adenosine Tri-Phosphate. After DKUM, I'll make it a point to finish firstly Jack Daniels' The Running Formula.

1 Comments:

  • Chapati = good!! Dhal = good!!

    Chapati (carbo) + Dhal (protein) = balanced diet/good post-run breakfast!!

    Yummm...

    PS: Chapati substituted for a roti canai also nice!

    Kanna's curry house anyone?? AHahah...

    By Blogger Julian, at 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home