p pol The Adventures of Carboman: Sloshing Run

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sloshing Run

If I had a spade or shovel next to me, I could then possibly...possibly...pry myself out of bed this morning. Not getting up meant only an additional hour of snooze but an hour of much needed rest. So I stayed in bed, underneath the covers yet couldn't get back to sleep. That's my problem - if I wake up early I won't be able to fall back to sleep. By the time I procrastinated, it's too late to change and put in my scheduled miles.



That meant that I've to run after work in pouring rain. The skies opened up at about 4pm and by the time I suited up at 6:20pm, it had slowed to a heavy drizzle. Having my jacket on made a difference - with the cap they kept me comfortably warm. As a result of not running this morning I felt very fresh and took off in tempo pace right from the start. All my laps were sub 6min pace and the splits close to each other. I stopped only as I ran out of time. When I ran my final lap, it was already 7:10pm and I didn't want to keep my wife waiting even if we were going to be stuck in the jam.




Some smart alec decided to close the SMART Tunnel for 2 days which exacerbated the massive jam which we were caught in for 2 hours. A big detour took us to Duta, Kerinchi Link, Old Klang Road before linking with KESAS and LDP. That 2 hours could've been more productive, like another 15K and change?? Heh heh.



Since we're on the subject of wet weather running, consider
some tips offered by Shelly Glover, the co-writer of the popular Competitive Runners Handbook. For the brainiacs out there, check Nick Allen's article "Do you get less wet if you run in the rain?" out.







Post run in the car park

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Cam whore.. hahaha..

    Man, that "extra hour of snooze"-thing. I know what's that like, man.. always happen to me. Even worse for me, cos I sleep so late.. and when I procrastinate, i sometimes not only miss the morning workout, i miss it for the WHOLE DAY (esp if I have something on in the evening). End up regretting it after that...

    By Blogger Julian, at 10:08 AM  

  • hahaha! i usually DON'T do this! just thought i needed a picture to go with the post.

    By Blogger Jamie Pang, at 11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home