p pol The Adventures of Carboman: I Leave KL With A Sense Of Trepidation

Thursday, November 22, 2007

I Leave KL With A Sense Of Trepidation



That's because this week had been hell. Multiple deadlines at work hit me at the same time lousy traffic back home hit every evening. I'm holding up in the well-being department, if just barely. All around, my colleagues are dropping like flies with flu - from the hot afternoons and wet/cold evenings.




It didn't help my state of rest that the company had a Global Community Day last Saturday. Following a morning of hard "labour" at Puchong's Taman Wawasan Park - where we cleaned up, planted trees, repainted structures - the large part of the day was spent at the Sunway Lagoon Water Park with the family as part of the company's family day. I'd rather have our community activity centred around the old folks or kids. Let the town council (who are paid assessments) take care of the public amenities! The old folks and kids will benefit more from our visit. I say this not to shy away from physical work, mind you. I'm saying that time and attention lavished are more precious to these oft-neglected part of our society.




Didn't run at all on Sunday, physically worn out by all the "cangkuling". Monday till today, well, I've said it in the first para above. It's the first blemish in my base phase training. And tomorrow, the clan will be travelling to Penang for the 12Hr Walk! I will be doing the walking, naturally. It'll be my 2nd attempt following last year's 32K total that I recorded. I've got a plan and a very modest target, so I'll be setting out on a leisurely pace.




Hopefully next week will see me back on the roads. I have to.



Labels:

2 Comments:

  • hey carboman, got your pics at the 12 hour walk, let me know your email address and i'll send it to you. wanted to say hi before i go but you already zoomed passed me

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:04 PM  

  • MH,
    thanks for taking the photos. i didn't see you and wasn't sure if the guy i saw with the dslr at the junction was you.

    you can email the photos to jamiepang@runnersmalaysia.com.my. Thanks again!

    By Blogger Jamie Pang, at 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home