p pol The Adventures of Carboman: Crazy Mind Games

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Crazy Mind Games

It was again on wet grounds that I did my run just now. Decided to do a couple more Ks on top my my planned 10, just to cover the previous days' deficiency, not that it really matters at this juncture.



I've been playing lots of mind games during my solo runs lately, just to keep myself amused and keep my mind off the tedium. Today I imagined myself running and chatting with my hero, the great Haile Gebrselassie. If I really was running alongside him, the following conversation would probably unfold.



C-Man: Hey Haile, nice to see you here! What're you doing running at the KLCC Park?!



Geb: Oh, you know, just part of my habit of making it a point of running in parks of the countries I visit. Nice weather today.



C-M: Yeah man! I can't tell you what a rush to see you here, and keeping up with you. Are you here on holiday? Or working trip for your sponsors sibo?



G: Both actually. I'm being asked to help to promote running in this country nia. By the way enough of me. What are you running for?



C-M: Training for a marathon. Have you had the chance to try out the local food here? Char Koay Teow, Laksa, Prawn Noodles, Satay - if you let me tag along, I'd gladly show you the famous eating spots!



G: Ummm.. I'd have to check with my sponsors. Food here must be good coz I see that you're salivating. Don't want to be sounding rude, but could you pick the pace up a bit?



C-M: I'll try. How's this pace - we're doing 5:45 pace now according to my 205. Can you share some training tips bo?



G: I don't wear a watch when I run. Even when racing I run according to my feelings - like the time when I won the Nike Half Marathon in NYC. Can you pick up the pace a bit?



C-M: Right. Just so you know, we're dipping around 4:55 pace now. OK with you?



G: My, my. I'm finding it hard to sweat in this cool weather and this pace. Oh yeah, you wanted me to share some tips? Well, the best advice I can give is to enjoy your running. That's the most important thing. I love running. I finish every race I did whether in a good time or bad time, with a smile. Don't mean to stare but are you foaming at your mouth? Can you pick up the pace a bit?



C-M: I..think..we're..at..4:15..now..and..have..covered...10K..and..if..I'm..not..
mistaken..I..just..burst..a..heart..valve


G: I see. I don't suppose you can go any faster? Cinya amkan running with you.



Then at this point someone shouted "Carboman!" and it turned out to be Ben. We ran a fast 2K before I quit. So you see, I had a good time imagining things. Will share more crazy on the road mind games as I log in the miles!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • i totally understand u dude...

    mind games...hehe...it's just because we need to fill in sth in our brains

    By Blogger yipwt, at 9:40 PM  

  • G: I see. I don't suppose you can go any faster? Cinya amkan running with you.

    AHAHhahAhahaha.. that's so funny, man!!!

    By Blogger Julian, at 5:04 PM  

  • Cinya shiok reading your encounter with Haile, wish I were there with you guys.haha
    BTW, have you clicked on to CNN for a real duel with the man yet?

    http://edition.cnn.com/CNNI/Programs/revealed/

    By Blogger CP Waterman, at 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home