p pol The Adventures of Carboman: From The Shawshank Redemption

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

From The Shawshank Redemption

It you'd watched this 1994 movie, you'd have remembered this scene where Morgan Freeman's character, Red, was seated in front of a parole hearing for the umpteenth time. Fully expecting to be rejected yet again, he let the parole officer have a piece of his mind. Well, if you read the script, do you think he'd gotten his parole? He did. This is simply a wonderful movie. If you haven't watch it, please do.

Red: Rehabilitated? Well, Now let me see. You know, I don't have any idea what that means.
1967 Parole Hearings Man: Well, it means that you're ready to rejoin society.
Red: I know what *you* think it means, sonny. To me it's just a made up word; a politician's word. So young fellas like yourself can wear a suit and a tie, and have a job. What do you really want to know? Am I sorry for what I did?
1967 Parole Hearings Man: Well, are you?
Red: There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because I'm in here, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then, a young, stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left. I got to live with that. Rehabilitated? It's just a bullshit word. So you go on and stamp your form, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a shit.

1 Comments:

  • hello...

    glad to know carbokid is born normal. thallassaemia is getting quite scary now the mroe i read about it. thank God im only a minor. :)

    By Blogger galnexdor, at 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home