p pol The Adventures of Carboman: Mileage Bank Account

Monday, September 26, 2005

Mileage Bank Account

Management guru Stephen R. Covey in his bestselling book "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" talks about the Emotional Bank Account. An Emotional Bank Account is a metaphor that describes the amount of trust that's been built up in a relationship. It's the feeling of safeness you have with another human being. If one make deposits into an Emotional Bank Account with you through courtesy, kindness, honesty, and keeping his commitments to you, he build up a reserve. (For an excerpt on this hit this link).
 
Midway through a run I had a hairbrain idea which I thought may just kick start my career as a running guru. Hey, gurus are a dime a dozen out there nowadays, so why can't I join the bandwagon?
 
My message is this: Build your Mileage Bank Account. Remember that. And remember that you heard it from me! So if you're asked next time whether you have an MBA, just nod enthusiastically! 

1 Comments:

  • I have read the book by Stephen R. Covey. In fact I was in a middle of a crisis (Relationship and Self)and I practiced what he preached. Trust me, it works. Now, I treat people that I came across with trust and honesty while I do not expect anything in return. When in return that I needed to withdraw from this 'account', I was amazed at the results that I got.

    By Blogger Boon Haw, at 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home