p pol The Adventures of Carboman: Bye Bye PJ!

Friday, September 16, 2005

Bye Bye PJ!

It's official! I'm skipping this Sunday's PJ Half. So much for wanting to exorcise the ghost of 2003 but I've to be pragmatic about the decision. My right calf (plantaris area) is still busted and I'm walking with a limp. When I squat to chat with my kid, it's painful - luckily my toilet is not the squat type! How to run much less to do 19.5K of it? So I've got to cut my losses, even if it means not turning up for a registered race for the first time, in hope that I'll recover by Monday to ease into my marathon training. I said "ease" because upping the proceedings immediately after recovery is not wise either.

To all racing this weekend, "Go Rock PJ!"

2 Comments:

  • Hey jamie
    I was the one ronnie intro-ed at Putra.Im currently having the same prob as u,sore calves possibility microscopic tear around the iliotibial area.Squatting is a no-no, btw im going PJ half and kill myself there,see how it goes the first 1KM else ill take the sweeper bus after 1km,hehe.
    Im not going forgo a major race like PJ half so my legs gotto listen to my instructions!! lol

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:10 PM  

  • Jamie,

    Sorry to hear that you have to skip PJ Half. Well, all for the better like you said, you'll need to recover, to get back into marathon training.

    I'll be in singapore again this weekend for Joshua Redman. Definitely wanna squeeze in some good running while I'm there for the next five days. I'm going to do Powerman, do the second 10K.

    Ciao.

    By Blogger Julian, at 2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home