p pol The Adventures of Carboman: A New Friend

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

A New Friend

I made a new friend today. Met him early this morning as he was starting his run at 5:30am. Believe it or not, a crazy runner right in my neighbourhood! It was just the tonic to spark my spirits again. I spoke to him briefly and he told me that he was moving towards 2 sessions a day. Apparently he's had it with missing workouts due to work - his boss has been heaping work on him. So he figured that if he keeps his weekly mileage at 70K by splitting up his single daily workouts into 2 a day including 2 long runs a week should get him to the start of the Singapore Marathon with a pretty decent shape. I thought I was dreaming when he said Singapore Marathon but it's true. I think I'll keep an eye on this chap every now and then from now on. Maybe I'll ask him where he got his Mizunos from.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home