p pol The Adventures of Carboman: "Hello Boys, I'm BAAAACK....!"

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

"Hello Boys, I'm BAAAACK....!"

After a frustrating week, I'm pleased to report that I'm back! Seemingly recovered from the exhaustion of previous weeks' exploits, I decided to run this morning.

Justin was the only one who turned up and we waited for awhile for Ronnie. While chatting some other Pacesetters went off on their runs. I spotted Lawrence, Bruce, David Lee and family, Jessica and a few others.

I opted not to run the double hill route as I thought I'd play it safe since this is the so-called "comeback run". I was prepared to go alone around the Lake but I was to have Justin's company since Ronnie SMSed that he was unable to join - pretty unusual, but then he's already married. You get what I mean? Without Ronnie around, Justin's company was most welcome as Justin has the ability to also run slower unlike Ronnie!

Anyway, we set off at about 6:10am and the pace picked up considerably with each 2.3K (approx) lap. The last 3 laps were done at my tempo pace. We wrapped things up after the 5th lap and immediately hit the carbos at the nearby stall. We spotted Chen later ambling back to the car park. He looked exactly like he appeared in his "Awana Torture" photo.

Total distance covered was more or less 12K.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home