p pol The Adventures of Carboman: I'll Definitely Look Ridiculous In A Hazmat Suit

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I'll Definitely Look Ridiculous In A Hazmat Suit

"Sit as little as possible. Give no credence to any thought that was not born outdoors, while one moved about freely - in which the muscles are not celebrating a feast too." Nietzsche

It all started with Carbokid 2's throat infection a couple of weeks back. He was also coughing and sporting a runny nose. It then spread to my Mom, who had a bit of sore throat - she's very resilient. Then C1 got a bit of a cough but thankfully nothing serious. That was when I got paranoid and started sanitizing all the door knobs, toilet fittings and anything else short of a person with antibacterial spray. I went so far as changing my sleeping T-Shirt everyday! Crazy right?



Luckily I've already been whacking close to 2,000mg of Vit C a day (spread out, of course) a month ago. Plus calcium, ACE, Fish Oil. Then my wife got it 2 days ago spewing millions of infectious microbes into the air. That suddenly raised the alert level to Severity 1 - Maximum Alert. I don't know whether it's psychosomatic or what but I feel a little lethargic. Hopefully that's all due to the very reduced running I've been doing during the tapering. My nose does get a little clogged in the early morning but mornings have been quite cold (we have the air-cond on throughout the night) and there've been an odd cough or two. I hope it doesn't get any worse than this or I'll be running like a mad yak (is there such a thing as a mad yak?) around the house! Do I need to walk around in a Hazmat suit?




Please, can Sunday come sooner?




Hazmat suits - NOT a fashion statement



 

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • I don't know what to say. But the way you describe it in words, really funny. Haha...

    By Blogger Frank Chong, at 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home