p pol The Adventures of Carboman: 30K Series: No.2

Sunday, May 06, 2007

30K Series: No.2

It was very humid this morning with nearly no breeze, so you can imagine how lethargic Geraldine and I felt when we headed off at 5:15am this morning. I was glad to have Geraldine's company if only for 20K (she'd done 20K) the day before. Things changed rather drastically just after the 16K mark when strong win whipped up pebbles and dust from the construction site just after the mosque we passed. We had to shield our eyes but continued to run into the head wind. Then the rain came down. Coupled with the wind it was rather cold and since our refueling point was not yet opened, we headed back the way we came without a downing water. "Water, water everywhere but not a drop to drink".


My running partner was feeling great so she decided to go with me the entire 30K, which was a bonus. Arrived back at the refueling point and promptly rehydrated. The rain which had stopped, restarted again and when last week we had to dodge walkers, this week we had to avoid the 10K runners doing the Bomba Run. Spotted and waved to some familiar faces, which included Alden (fresh from his excellent London Marathon race).

Keeping my eyes peeled for potholes and slippery edges, I didn't notice Tey who was busy snapping away. He was shooting holding an umbrella! As you can see my head form wasn't ideal. I should've been looking straight up but I guess I was too busy looking out for obstacles given the very wet conditions.


10K: 57:22
20K: 1:44
30K: 2:39.51

For more photos, head on to the
album.

All photos courtesy of Tey.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • wah the rate you are going, you are the one that will easily do a 3:45 race in PG. keep it up.

    By Blogger C-CUBE, at 7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home