p pol The Adventures of Carboman: This Week's Mileage Will Be Shitty

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

This Week's Mileage Will Be Shitty

After taking Monday off, I was hit with a cold. Undoubtably caused by last Sunday's windchill. It's been a long time coming as I've felt the gradual weakening of the body over the weeks of training. I'm putting it down to the training intensity that I've been subjecting myself to with insufficient sleep. Even with good nutrition and nourishment, sleep is still a vital factor in recovery - something which I've always not been getting enough of.

Fortunately the malaise isn't so severe (the sore throat went away after a day) and I'm already on the mend and should be back logging a low mileage this week tomorrow. If anything, I hope that this enforced rest will help me become even stronger.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Dr, watch out for The Return of Ah Beng and his tagline SMBFA (Smell My Big Fat Ass). He will be in PBM07 and definitely a good pacer for you to do a sub4...chk out his blog.

    By Blogger C-CUBE, at 10:10 PM  

  • Wise move Dr, to jump 2 steps further sometime we need to take a step back. You will be back in full swing next week for big 3hr plus run. Plenty of rest now & nutition & water.
    All the best.

    H20
    Paris.

    By Blogger CP Waterman, at 11:17 PM  

  • carboman, with the mileage u've been logging in, your leg muscles will repair themselves and you will definitely come back stronger!

    By Blogger pm19, at 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home