p pol The Adventures of Carboman: The adidas Seeding Program & All About Shoes

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The adidas Seeding Program & All About Shoes

I could hardly believe my eyes when Tey SMSed me regarding my successful bid for the adidas Seeding Program. The Seeding Program is actually a wear test program initiated regionally to get runners to try out their latest shoes, just before they hit mass market. This program was opened to Pacesetter members and 5 were selected, so to me, it's like winning the lottery. But I did write one hell of a resume! What made me even more anxious when Tey SMSed me was that I won't be in office for 2 weeks and therefore will not know for sure if I was one of the successful one. Thankfully, I need not go into the office just to retrieve the email, thanks to Phyllis who forwarded me the email notification.

This morning I hastened to the adidas HQ at Plaza Damansara and was promptly attended by Mr Krishnan, adidas' Director of Running. Also exchanged some ideas with Mr Darren Choy, the MD. Then Krishnan dragged out a box filled with running shoes and I took the chance to try out several pairs which were the adiZero CS, the new Supernova Cushion and also the one which was alloted to me, the Response Cushion. Too bad they don't have my size for the Supernova because it's super plush! Here are some photos I took.



Nice surroundings of Plaza Damansara

The adidas reception


adiZero LT. Chen will like this!


adiZero CS


From left: Supernova Control, Supernova Cushion, adiZero CS, adiStar Control


The Response Cushion back at home


Brotherhood of Shoes

After taking a look at the number of running shoes I've had plus those in active duty, I feel very fortunate and blessed. There are many out there who have to scavenge for something to protect their feet from the elements much less have dedicated pairs for running. What we have in plentiful should be shared out and while the shoes can't be worn for running, they can still be useful for those underprivileged kids. Who knows, the shoes that we donate will end up on the feet of a future leader or world class athlete?

Watch this space for updates.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • Dr: wah you are one lucky devil...an early Xmas present i wud said. KLIM07 42k shud be your priority now with the shoe.

    By Blogger C-CUBE, at 11:04 PM  

  • yup, very lucky. but i also wrote on hell of a resume!

    By Blogger Jamie Pang, at 12:05 AM  

  • CCube: Another thing. 21K is more realistic for KLIM. Then PG will be full.

    By Blogger Jamie Pang, at 12:06 AM  

  • your resume must be cinya IMPRESSIVE man...can show arhh and use it for best practises!!!!

    By Blogger C-CUBE, at 12:55 PM  

  • i would like to donate a few shoes too. pls let me know more details.

    By Blogger Newton, at 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home