p pol The Adventures of Carboman: 12-Hour Walk Packing List

Friday, November 24, 2006

12-Hour Walk Packing List

It's 5am and I'm still at work but I should be able to wrap things up very soon. The project cutover has been pretty smooth considering. While the testers were at it, I took the chance to run thru my packing list and here's the picture.



I'm bringing some plasters and the 3M tape for the nipples and any blisters, a packet of GU gel I bought some months back, a strip of velcro for fastening the timing chip (am not lacing the chip up in case I need to change to my Tevas), 1-day disposable lenses (so that I don't have to bother with storage), lens lubricant/eye drops (coz I'll be wearing my lenses thruout the day and night), BodyGlide, Powerbar Recovery, the spare pair of NB socks I bought from SG 3 years ago, a Rbk arm pouch to carry my iPod and camera phone. My race gear is the PACM Brooks shorts and the Mizuno Dryscience vest . Not pictured are my Nike ClimaFIT rainjacket and cap, NB socks, spare Dri-FIT T-Shirts, the Tevas and either the Pegasus or Trigons (yup still fickle on the footwear!). I'm approaching this strictly as a fun and eye opening experience. Chance also to catch up with Haris, The Rock Crab, Becholi and Ah Pek (whom I owe much my this trip's arrangement to). Der_Pacemakers rocking Penang this weekend are Tey, Haris and I. Frens_of_Der_Pacemakers are Runwitme, Ah Pek and Aiman. Wish us luck!

7 Comments:

  • Good luck and all the best!!!

    By Blogger Boon Haw, at 10:46 AM  

  • Looking forward to reading your report and enjoy your 2 weeks leave.

    By Blogger pm19, at 10:50 AM  

  • Hey, what song you put in your iPod? Me got Madonna, Janet Jackson and Kim Wilde (All 80's divas-lah)in my lil' Sony.

    By Blogger RunWitMe, at 11:40 AM  

  • wah...so fast get ready ah..me haven't pack yet..haha...just relax !!U know u bib liao bo?

    Visit my blog..hehe

    By Blogger Keipo, at 3:23 PM  

  • if i am not running 42k in SIM07, i wud hv join u guys. seems to be pretty fun and i hv not done any race of such nature, maybe next yr. carboman n tey....all the best. make sure u hv Madonna - Like A Virgin...12hr walk for the very first time!!!!

    By Blogger C-CUBE, at 10:34 PM  

  • Hi, do you know where to find bodyglide in singapore? I am a runner too!

    By Blogger Heng ^_^, at 9:23 PM  

  • You can email me @ tanhengyee@yahoo.com to tell me!

    By Blogger Heng ^_^, at 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home