p pol The Adventures of Carboman: Animal Toons

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Animal Toons

Lately there's been a deluge of animations centered around animals. Carbokid ain't complaining but I think some of these are quite lame and average. The animations are all jaw-dropping mind you and the humor can really crack you up. The thing is that some of the stories are very weak and contains too much American culture. When one feature throws these elements at you, it's tolerable but when you start to have more, it can get pretty stale.
   

  

On the other hand, a simply rendered Miyazaki animation has a better story line. Each time I watch his works, I get the fuzzy feeling all over. Now, his characters are those that you can emphatise with. That's genius.
 

4 Comments:

  • WOHOOO!! I love Miyazaki's work. Especially the Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away. I have seen the movie 'My Neighbour Totoro' as well. They are great works. However, I would like to recommend 'Steamboy' by Katsushiro Otomo. Just concentrate on the visuals and for the storyliine, it's a little weak. Remember when you watch this, every single piece of this anime is HAND DRAWN. I was blown away by the intricacy of the artist's work. Hopefully you will too.

    By Blogger Boon Haw, at 7:45 PM  

  • I am going to watch OPEN SEASON in 3D at iMax this Monday. If the storyline not gonna blow me away, the huge screen will....:)

    By Blogger RunWitMe, at 11:10 AM  

  • My personal all time favourites have to be My neighbour Totoro and Spirited Away. Great story, even greater animation. In fact most of the Studio Ghibli stuff are excellent. I bought the entire box set which was pretty pricy but worth every cent! Steamboy is very good as well. Amazing attention to detail! Gotta watch it a few times to fully apreciate all the thought they've put into it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:11 AM  

  • My favorites are:
    - Spirited Away
    - Howl's Moving Castle (story cinya confusing in some parts)
    - Princess Mononoke
    - Porco Rosso (very funny too)
    - Castle In The Sky
    - The Castle of Cagliostro (cinya exciting spy story with great humour!)
    - aiyo, looks like all are my favorites!

    Carbokid loves My Neighbour Totoro!

    All of Miyazaki's stories have always been on family and responsibility to nature

    By Blogger Jamie Pang, at 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home