p pol The Adventures of Carboman: Why I flunked Singapore 2004

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Why I flunked Singapore 2004

After reading this article in Jim's website, I now know the following reasons contributed to my downfall:

  1. Lack of mileage - contributed to the cramps and hitting the wall hard. Body can't sustain the effort
  2. Weather - Lack of hot weather training, contributing to cramps
  3. Unrealistic early pace - mind duped me into believing that my great feeling at 24K was due to fitness level, not knowing that I was falling into the overconfidence and positive split trap

All are elementary errors. No wonder experienced marathoners said that it takes at least 5 marathons before we learn. Need to knock these into my thick skull and get my act together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home