p pol The Adventures of Carboman: I'm Back!

Monday, December 01, 2008

I'm Back!

It's been a month since THE unforgettable race and all the travel and stuff I gathered for the trip is still scattered about the house. If you want to read the race report and my NYC experience, you can go here or click on this image.

Before the wife comment on the mess, I should really tidy up. I've done very little running since then - only some "maintenance miles" just so that I don't lose too much fitness. I still have a "race" before the year is out and that's coming up on the 13th 8pm. That will be the Putrajaya 12-Hour Walk, my 3rd outing in that series where I'll be trying for a 60K total having progressed through 40 plus and 50K the last 2 years. It didn't cross my mind to skip this year's edition since it's happening near where I live.

I've been carrying an irritating dorsal (top) foot pain since last Saturday. The discomfort is actually a dull pain and it strikes when I flex my foot in any direction. The pain is at the centre of the foot and between the big and the second toes. It's not so bad that I can't run though. The doctor said that it's tendonitis and not a stress fracture, which was a relieve. I checked around that I think my condition is called extensor tendinitis. The doc prescribed diclofenac (a form of NSAIDs, non-steroidal anti-inflammatories) but since I'm not in a marathon training, there’s no logging of crazy mileage, I think I can still continue to run. The next race after the 12-Hour Walk, is still more than 1.5 months away, so if I can keep up with these maintenance runs, I should be OK.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Fish or flax seed oil may help too.

    By Blogger Frank Chong, at 2:18 PM  

  • Hey I had this problem too on my top left foot. Try some regular stretching on the area as I think that place tends to get the least oxygen (unlike big muscles) so you've really gotta take care.

    By Blogger Boon Haw, at 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home