p pol The Adventures of Carboman: adidas King of The Road Race Report

Monday, August 11, 2008

adidas King of The Road Race Report



Other than a 4K on Tuesday, and an insignificant 3.6K run with the beginners on Saturday, I really rested for this race. I was only 70% confident of acquitting myself well and didn't set any expectations for a PR. My stomach rebelled on Saturday and even though I'd done all the necessary toilet business prior to my leaving the house on race morning, my gut still felt very uncomfortable when I got to the parking spot just in front of Quality Hotel. With wads of toilet paper in my hand, I went into the dark hotel but all the toilets were locked. How about that for hospitality?! While wandering the area in exasperation, I bumped into Frank and Lionel.


Everyone seemed to be hunting for toilets but there wasn't a single mobile toilet in sight. However, when you gotta go, you gotta go. I knew that if I didn't relieve myself, I might as well don't race. The organizers didn't count on the resourcefulness of runners. Suffice to say that I managed to find a discreet but undisclosed location to make my deposit. Then I sat down by a kerb near the starting area and chatted with fellow runners. With 30 minutes to go, I walked back to the car to change into the race gear. I handed the Lunar Trainer their maiden race. I was confident, despite logging just 4K in them, that both of us will have no problems going the distance.

To read the rest of the report please click here.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • The boys counting runners' footwear sound like the group sitting in the dark in one of the parks during Sundown, they yelled out our shoe brands as we passed. Interesting!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home