p pol The Adventures of Carboman: Nike LunaRacer+ and Trainer+ Launch

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Nike LunaRacer+ and Trainer+ Launch

Despite a hectic schedule, nothing was going to stop me from attending the Nike Lunar Trainer and Racer briefing at the Nike Sales office. To me at least, these duo act are even more revolutionary than the Zoom Victory, which is already quite a happening shoe. Therefore please indulge me if this seems like an extended writeup here. I entered the briefing somewhat informed as I've been tracking various running forums on user feedback. The shoes have been launched on limited distribution in the United States. I’m incidentally reading Geoff Hollister’s book Out of Nowhere: The Inside Story of How Nike Marketed the Culture of Running and I’ve to say that what Nike is doing right now certainly epitomizes the traditions and the visions of Phil Knight and Bill Bowerman.



My lunch that day consisted only of a slice of pizza and a bun at 3pm. I was still mildly hungry when I was walking with Loke and Geraldine to the Nike office but daren't eat anything more in anticipation of the 5K run following the briefing. We were greeted by Alison Lee, Nike Sales Malaysia’s Marketing Communication Manager soon after we stepped into the cool waiting area. Incidentally the décor was all about the upcoming Beijing Olympics. A section of the floor was even painted to look like a running track.

Read the rest of the report here.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home