p pol The Adventures of Carboman: Secret Buddy

Friday, June 20, 2008

Secret Buddy

Our business group staff committee put up a mini staff appreciation campaign where colleagues within a department exchange tokens of appreciation without the recipient knowing who gave it. Names are drawn and you secretly deliver whatever gifts, messages or cards to that person. The recipient will then guess who their Secret Buddy is.



You have the typical coffee or juice gift vouchers, chocolates and mints but among the notable gifts found on the tables were 2 pink wrapped condoms complete with Beyonce's "Baby Boy" lyrics, a flask of herbal soup, teddy bear clutch bag, actual teddy bear, banana bread, another box of expired (!) condoms, a bunch of bananas (for a potassium deficient manager), 2 cans of Red Bull and Livita. I bought a colleague a slice of banana chocolate cake.



I received a 300ml box of fresh milk and 2 mini boxes of imported cereal in a large recycled envelope with the message: "You must be the only person I know that is so passionate about his run. So much so that you are willing to give up on precious sleep hours to run in the wee hours of the morning. Here's something healthy for you to start your day!". When I got back from lunch just now, a second envelope awaited me, this time 2 bars of Snickers with a note "Keep this with... in case you're feeling hungry but don't want to break the momentum". I thought, this person certainly knows a thing about staying fuelled for the long run!



The clincher came in the 3rd envelope with a note attached to a bottle of shower gel that read "Last but not least... BO is totally unacceptable! So, wash up clean before you come to work." This person has a sense of humour too. I'm taken care off not only before a run but after too!



I'll eat half of the Snickers bar before my 25K tomorrow. Must run slow because I won't be getting enough sleep. I'm still at work...

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • hey Dr. all the best in your NY marathon yea! you are so lucky to get in!

    By Blogger Yap! It's 3088.., at 5:11 PM  

  • Thanks! Very lucky indeed! My training will be at http://roadtonycm.blogspot.com.

    And London is a to-do as well!

    By Blogger Jamie Pang, at 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home