p pol The Adventures of Carboman: KL International Marathon 2008 Race Report

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

KL International Marathon 2008 Race Report

My training for this race started way back in November '07. My training goal was to keep my training as consistent as possible with 5 to 6 days of running a week plus a little more focus on building core strength. That was it - very simple. And at the end of the 4 months, I found out that I'd just put in my best ever training. I said "best", not "perfect". There's the usual fight with illness and work but I'd say that this one had to be the best to-date considering the work-family juggling routine. My tracking had been accurate (no more guessing game of the mileage and pace!) thanks to the Garmin and in the asics Kayano 12 and 2120, I was blessed by being injury free, not even a case of ITB hit me.

To read the rest of the report (plus photos and videos), please hit this link!

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

  • 4:16..wah good time liao...see u sundown.

    By Blogger Keipo, at 8:02 AM  

  • Another marathon well ran. Good on ya!

    By Blogger Kevin Siah, at 9:06 AM  

  • Hi Carboman,
    I am the guy who greets you right before the start. Congrat on your great timing! I didn't do that well myself, a dismaying 30 mins more than my previous 4h:51m in the PBIM 2007.
    I am preparing for the PBIM 2008, hopefully will meet you and some of the fellow runners there as well.
    Have a good and safe training for the Sundown marathon.
    Regards,
    KY Chow
    Kulim
    kum.yein.chow@intel.com

    By Blogger Kum Yein, at 9:40 AM  

  • well done carbo,

    the last few kms is always dreadful...:)

    By Blogger yipwt, at 10:43 AM  

  • Solid run carboman!! Great going!

    By Blogger CapArnabBrand, at 2:15 PM  

  • Who needs Superman there's Carboman! I'm looking forward to running with you again at Sundown. Hope I don't lose you as early as I did at KLIM08. HOOT!

    By Blogger Frank Chong, at 2:40 PM  

  • Congrats,sifu. Is all I can say... :) You avenged your PBM one, huh?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:15 PM  

  • Tey, Kev, Yip: Thanks!

    Kum Yein: Welcome. Thanks for introducing yourself! Great achievement nevertheless for you. I'm not running PBM opting Sundown instead.

    Rabbit: You did well too! A few more halves and you'll be tempted to try the full. Or has the temptation set in already??? ;)

    Haza: Thanks. Is Running Mom a new Stan Lee superhero? You were amazing too! I guess I did but not entirely happy. Will try to do better. All in the pacing. See you at Sundown!

    Frank: Lets ROCK Sundown kaukaulat!

    By Blogger Jamie Pang, at 8:43 PM  

  • lets do it again one more time in Sundown, and pace properly, cinya.

    By Blogger C-CUBE, at 9:48 PM  

  • Yooo...

    Congratulations, man!!

    Makes me feel like I wish I was there!!

    Good job, man!!

    By Blogger Julian, at 1:53 AM  

  • As usual an excellent race report and congratulations on yet another marathon PR. Will this be an annual (getting PR) event? Looking at your 1km split times, up to 30km, they were consistently below 6 min. Over the last 12 km, your 1 km splits were on average 40 seconds slower. So about 8 minutes time was "lost". Would weight training to strengthen the core muscles help?

    By Blogger krunner, at 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home