p pol The Adventures of Carboman: Holy Timeline, Batman!

Friday, April 04, 2008

Holy Timeline, Batman!

It's nearly a week after the race and my legs are more or less ready for some easy runs starting from tomorrow. The thing that's bugging me is the toenail next to the little one on my right foot. I popped the blister under it 2 nights ago and drained the fluids but the darn nail is still painful when pressure is applied. Just when I've got rid of my big toenail problem, I'm saddled with this teeny one. Upon closer inspection, I can see that the small nail is growing abnormally - instead of growing outwards, the thing is growing upwards and outwards! And it looks fused to the toe-bed. I'll need to deal with it this week or else running will definitely be painful.

I've closed the KLIM training tracking sheet and just added a new one for the Sundown Marathon. Though I know it's not far off, after you map it down to your training calendar, you can see how short it is - 8 short weeks! No base building, just getting straight into business! And with some Sundays taken up for races, there isn't much room for missing my long runs. Here are the races I'm slated to run:

April 13 - BHP Orange Run 9K. Hilly and tough. Despite no registration fee and billed as a fun run, expect some heated action. The well stocked goodie bag and location also make this an enticing event for all. This one should provide a workout that's close to Max VO2.

May 18 - NB Pacesetters 15K (or should it be 30K?). Hilly and tough. Traditionally well organized and supported event. I plan to do a 30K that morning but running the same challenging route twice. To do that I need to start earlier. Let me know if you want to tag along! Pain is best shared out!

May 25 - RMAF Half Marathon. Not really flat but since it's the Sunday before Sundown, this needs to be approach carefully. While I don't want to go too fast, I can't afford to slack too. A good combo would be to run the first half very easy and then picking the pace up at marathon pace for the second half.

May 31 - Sundown Marathon. Predominantly flat. Running at midnight will certainly pose a new challenge. The draw, besides running in Singapore, is the new scenic route.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • That's exactly the same schedule I have before the big Sundown. And deng, I totally forgotten about the NB15K although I already registered. Getting too excited perhaps? 0_o

    By Blogger Frank Chong, at 12:01 AM  

  • Mine is NB in Klang and the Pacesetters and looks like ill make it to the Sundown Marathon :)but not the 42K, ive convinced 3 of my friends to do the Team event 10K each.

    By Blogger Running Fr33man, at 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home