NYC Marathon Bib Collection
I've been trawling the web for anything and everything to do with the NYC Marathon. Chanced upon this shaky video following a Japanese entrant's bib collection at the Jacob Javits Center. From the visuals, these are the sequence of events:
1. Get an entry coupon
2. Proceed to the international runners table just by the entrance
3. Race number confirmation counter
4. Proceed to collect bib
5. Be sure to do a chip check to ensure correct ID
6. Proceed to goodie bag collection
7. Optional: Change into their souvenier tshirt on the spot
8. Don your Spongebob cap
9. Proceed to the Health & Fitness Expo and collect tons of freebies (postcard stacks, autographs, product sampling), check out new products, and make new friends. I'd suggest bringing along a stack of name cards to exchange!
What I noticed are the presence of very very polite volunteers at every stage. They take pride in their City and main event. The Jacob Javits Convention Center is super huge - larger than the Suntec City Convention Center (although the roofing looks similar)
It's a good idea to have a videocam handy! On to the video!