p pol The Adventures of Carboman: Carbokid 1: Sports Day Report

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Carbokid 1: Sports Day Report

This morning was my first sports day - my G7 event. There weren't many kids - infact there were more adults (parents, duh!) than us kids. I dunno - it could've very well been a Parents' Day. I really looked forward to this morning. After knocking off early, partly a result of the flu meds that I was on, I woke up, cinya (very) fresh mind you. I showered and soon we left home without breakfast. It was a pretty rush affair since we had to be there by 8am. While Mommy and Grandma were at the nearby market, Daddy brought me into the air-cond hall.



After registering, I collected my Goodie Bag (insert happy feeling) containing toothpaste, shampoo and milkpowder samples, a jigsaw puzzle and some sweets, the teachers tied a ribbon to my wrist and pasted a sticker on my shirt. Then we were off into the hall. The first thing was the singing of the National Anthem which I couldn't keep up. The tempo was too fast. Then it was the school song. "At 3Q MRC, Learning is fun and easy. A-B-C, 1-2-3, We love 3Q MRC!" We literally shouted the lyrics - what fun!



Finally it was time for the events. Firstly it was the Pom-Pom Dance on stage, which Daddy, Mommy and Grandma said I did very well. I thought so too - we had been practising for the past 1 week. Some kids were knocking into each other though. Everyone had a good laugh.



Next was Cross-The-Wooden-Bridge-And-Chuck-The-Ball-Into-The-Basket game. That was one tricky game. I only managed to keep a foot on the narrow plank. But I scored with a SINGLE throw (insert message to Uncle PM1, "Got bonus points bo?")







After which I was off to the Run-To-The-End-And-Pour-The-Water-Into-The-Bottle game. I nailed that easily too. Steady hands or not? Huh? Huh? Again, I should be awarded bonus points for this. Then I rehydrated while waiting for my next event. Daddy was wise enough to bring along a bottle of chilled isotonic drink. Mmmm....refreshing. A few swigs replenished the lost electrolytes. I also had some photos taken with my friends.







Then it was a game with Daddy. What I needed to do was peel a carb, phosphorus and potassium rich banana and feed it to Daddy. We were lined up as the 3rd pair but after a slow start, I got the hang of getting the skin off. Daddy took but a single mouthful to decimate the fruit. Then we collected our trophy and other prizes.








Eat your heart out Flying Pig aka Medal-Faced Maniac!
Sui bo (nice or not) my trophy?



============



Daddy's Notes:
There's nothing more rewarding than watching your kid in action. He needn't win, nor stand out from the crowd. All he needed to do was to be there participating with the other kids, dancing on the stage, jumping and running with the other kids. When I saw him on stage doing the pom-pom dance, I know for a fact that there wasn't a dry eye for the 3 of us (wife and Mom). The thought than ran through my mind (as I believe through other parents' as well) was "Look at how big my kid has grown!". In that instant, all the challenges and difficulty in bringing up a kid was overwritten. I think it is Nature's intent that bringing up a child will never be easy, just so that events and moments like what I witnessed today will always be sweeter and treasured. Just like running a marathon adds colour to your running life, experiencing these events with your kid make a parent's life richer. I'm so proud of my kid.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • dr, spend more time with the kids. u wont know how fast they grow especially at the age gap of 3yr - 4yr olds. running can always take a back stage if you dont find enuf time to do it. cheers!!!!

    By Blogger C-CUBE, at 10:13 AM  

  • cinya touching...gua eh bak chew pun oo chui liao....

    hahah! not even sure if that was right but you get der idea lah!

    By Blogger pm19, at 5:58 PM  

  • Awwwwwwwwwww......(Insert warm happy fuzzy feeling here!)

    By Blogger RunWitMe, at 8:40 PM  

  • He is the little baby I saw in Ipoh run some years back? Couldn't agree with c-cube more...spend more time with the kids. That goes for all of us.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home