p pol The Adventures of Carboman: Alternative Sunday Haunt

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Alternative Sunday Haunt

I just may have the chance to do my Sunday long runs. Oooooh...just the mention of "long runs" fills me with a sense of longing, stirring up old feelings of those early morning journeys with other hard-core runenrs along the dark roads to Hartamas. Those days are long gone - travelling to and fro to Bukit Aman takes too much time and eats into the fuel rationing. After casting my eyes around, Putrajaya (13 mins away from my home) may just be my salvation. I'm not too familiar with the sprawling area except that you can get pretty lost in it and that place is devoid of shade. The roads are wide though and offer a variety of routes for the runner/biker.

I've got 2 options:
1) Do loops around the Shangri-La. This is a boring option and while the loop is very large, you'll end up taxing one side of the body and legs. Of course you can alternate the directions.

2) Start from the mosque and simply run towards the PICC (convention centre). It's straight all the way past 2 bridges, wide boulevards and gives you the option to add some detours. Round trip should be in the region of 10-12K, but I'll need to verify that. Thanks to Julian who pointed this option out to me and to Ajeep who clarified that this was the Powerman route.

I still need to start early though probably around 6am. That'll allow me to finish by 7:30 and be home by 8am latest. For a half marathon training, these long runs should be sufficient. Workouts on this route can be pretty exciting: hammer the flats and go steady up the climbs or steady flats followed by hill attacks. Take your pick.

Now to pre-empt the pregnant wife first. If you don't know already, mood swings are a by-product of pregnancy - hormonal thingy.

2 Comments:

  • the powerman route eh? hehe im absolutely clueless when u tell me names of places, but if its the powerman route, i like that route...:)

    wait...the running route or the biking route??

    By Blogger galnexdor, at 6:58 PM  

  • galnexdor: ummm i don't know whether it's der running or biking route. hehe - a bit blur

    babymonster: welcome to my blog! mostly about gila running!

    By Blogger Jamie Pang, at 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home