p pol The Adventures of Carboman: Finally, A Run!

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Finally, A Run!

After 4 days of not being able to put a single yard into my training, I decided that enough was enough. While others were ticking off their 30Ks, I was fighting to get more restful sleep in. If I can't sleep well, how am I to wake up for the morning runs? The traffic and weather were too uncompromising to run in the evenings, so morning had to be the only option.

After knocking off at 11:30pm the night before, I got up at 6am and was out of the door in 15min's time. Gurney Drive is just a road crossing away and while walking to the start of the 1.7K stretch of waterfront, I realized how humid it was. I was sweating like a pig before even the 1st lap was through. The air was heavy. The sound of the waves breaking were the only comfort as I toiled over the street. There were quite a few people relaxing, exercising on the sidewalk. There were even some party goers from the night before. After upping the ante for the final lap, I stopped for awhile to watch the sunrise before walking home. Tell me what better way to start the day.

Total Distance: 10.2K
Time: 1:02.25 (11:46, 11:02, 10.24, 10.07, 9:57, 9:06 - 5:32 pace)
Average Lap: 10:24 (Pace: 6:02)

1 Comments:

  • Dr:

    Good lah..can see sunrise to start a day..my kampung also..during LSD also can see sunrise like in country side ...!!

    Drive safe back to Puchong.Meet u 2moro at KLCC park.

    By Blogger Keipo, at 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home