p pol The Adventures of Carboman: Sau Kong Run - Mizuno Wave Run

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Sau Kong Run - Mizuno Wave Run

It didn't turn out the way I would've wanted but given my condition, I couldn't have asked for more. The hilly race route made things worse though the weather did all it could to help. So cool it was, it came close to running at Awana!

In the end my overoptimistic pace couldn't be sustained as I succumbed around the 5K mark. A series of walking and running followed. Practically everyone I knew whacked me and by the time I found my pace - so different from marathon pacing! - it was already at the 9K mark. That was when I took off after Ngae. Crossed the line in 1:00.26 for a 310 position. The mud at the finishing stretch thoroughly seasoned my Filas and this meant that I had 2 unhappy races in them (Putrajaya and this one), both times under medication.

Along the way I was glad that seasoned runners came forward to volunteer their services, including Penguins 3 and 8, Adam and many more. In hindsight I ought to have helped but the medal urge was too great. With this the 2005 season is over and I'll soon be taking off where I left off - training for KLIM which is just slightly over 2 months away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home