p pol The Adventures of Carboman: Prick!

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Prick!

Had a little too much to eat for lunch (with Newton and Justin). A plate of noodles, a bun and 2 drinks. Hope this mug of coffee on my desk will be able to perk me up for today's planned 8 lapper.

Newton told me of my former boss's response to the PM article which appeared in The Star yesterday. He, the boss, said "Doesn't Carboman need to get management approval before appearing in a newspaper?"

Which demonstrated what an asinine person he is and which I've known him to be. An MBA holder and a rich kid - yes, he's 2 years younger than I am - apparently don't make you a person with common sense. It's common policy for larger firms to impose a regulation that prevents an unauthorised employee to SPEAK to the press. This is a necessary ruling to prevent any untoward leakage of corporate P&C information to the public.

Let me set the record straight.
1) It was just a photoshoot and nothing business related. What about the person who appeared in the background of a picture in the newspaper? Need he/she get his/her company's permission as well?

2) The shoot took place after working hours, so that my personal time. If he has a problem with that, well, fuck off! I really don't know what wrong I did him but chances are he's just a type-A asshole because of how he treats others as well.

This just epitomises the state of young and "paper-empowered" executives these days who think they're too smart for the world.

What about your company? Do you have an equally screwed up dickhead? I know PM1 has something to say about his supervisor as well as Justin about his former boss. What about the rest of you? Do comment.

7 Comments:

  • Yeah, I've met this type before.
    Wants to live and die for the company. Wants to move up the corporate ladder fast - to become a big shot CEO before 40.
    Big Ego and Mr/Ms know it all.

    The best thing to do is to sent his/her resume to a head hunter and hope he leaves the company.

    By Blogger krunner, at 5:26 PM  

  • Yep, I've had my run ins with this types as well. They are essentially bullies with very fragile egos. Look at them funny or speak to them in a wrong tone of voice and suffer the consequences. Personally I've always treated these types the way they should be treated. With absolutely and utter contempt (all the time at the risk of losing my job) and FORCIBLY let them know what I thought of them. The more they want their paper-thin egos stroked the more I'll go the opposite way. Sometimes you get respect (for speaking your mind). Sometimes you get shipped off to the dog house.
    That alas is the nature of the rat race. But anything is better than having creatins climb all over you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:09 PM  

  • sheeshh!!! these A-holes! i'm not sure i had the same experience as yours, but my boss was an A-hole as well. squeezed every bit of my strength and exploited me until i could no longer muster the strength to come to work. the day i submitted my resignation letter, he scrambled onto his feet and begged me to stay. then only things changed. for the better, but still sucks. not as bad as before though.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:37 AM  

  • Ask him to get lost. The best thing to do is to ignore him.

    I always say this to my colleague : "If management got nothing good to say, pls don't say it."

    Take it easy, my friend!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:40 AM  

  • It'll be good if distance runners manage the world. Coz we know the meaning of effort, humility, camaraderie and rewards based on hard work. Golfers and the other elitist "sports" will just screw it up!

    By Blogger Jamie Pang, at 11:07 AM  

  • *sigh*

    That MBA holder which you speak of....
    happens to be my boss =T

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:22 PM  

  • Oh god, I'm really laughing over this la. No, don't get me wrong, I'm not taking pleasure over all your misery (okay, yes, i may be... a little bit, so SUE me!). Actually, I was just laughing over what "g" said. LOL.

    *cough* back to serious mode... after reading about this, I guess there's always a bigger issue to this la. Lack these days, is the integrity of being a superior compared to what my parents would refer to as "the old days". But alas, like Lawrence said, that's the nature of the rat race today. That's why I feel fortunate that I've been given the opportunity to NOT join the rat race. But not to say it's a bed-of-roses. But it's thorns I can still deal with. Rat race stuff, I don't think I can do it. I'm just... individual... I'll go crazy. But even then, the way people with power do things, it's such a bane in our society, and the workforce in general.

    I guess, if it's worth standing up for what's right, it should be done la. At the end, I think we'll have respect for ourselves la, and others to us. Whether we get respect from peers/boss, or the dog house, it's our self-approval that's worth more? Feel free to brickbat me if you don't agree.

    Carboman: Don't we just wish we were those expat women at San Fran Coffee??

    By Blogger Julian, at 11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home