p pol The Adventures of Carboman: Pleased As Punch

Monday, April 20, 2009

Pleased As Punch

A colleague went about the office instigating several non-runners and not-so-frequent exercisers to sign up for the Standard Chartered KL Marathon (the 10K category) and to my astonishment, nearly all of them went online and registered on the spot, hoping to enjoy the final day of early bird entry. I had told them that should they sign up, I'll commit to train them. In the end I had to honour my end of the bargain and charged RM40 - certainly one of the most expensive fees I've ever paid for a 10K - to my credit card.

Today was the first day of training and there was a 50% turnout, which was good to me. I knew that they would arrive late, so I'd gone ahead with my workout. All of us had to get back to the office after the run - our project is still running mind you. So the faster we got things done, the quicker we can return to work, not that we love the office.

My personal plan was to knock off 5K, 4 laps around the KLCC Park. And my message to the guys was just do 2 laps - 2.6K. Run or walk, just complete it comfortably. And they did! I won't change the menu just yet and will let them stick with 2 laps 2 to 3 times a week.

Had a great time catching up with Ajeep too, who had been long absent from the running scene. All in all, a very good outing. I'm just going to follow the development of the Boston Marathon online just for a little while longer before hitting the sack.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • My company makes SCKLM2009 a "company event", everyone has to sign up! We will be sponsored the entry fee and a hearty breakfast!
    * I will not be taking the breakfast coz I will still be running while the rest finished the 5k, 10k and 21k... :P

    By Blogger doris 桃利思, at 7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home