p pol The Adventures of Carboman: Shooting

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Shooting

We took Friday off from work to bring the kids out, it being the school holidays. I'd wanted to head down to Melaka but my wife has this inexplicable need to pay a visit to a certain Mr Lim's legacy to the country. I've always been the heritage person and cutting down the mountain isn't quite the heritage I think I'd leave the future generations, gamblers or not. Anyway, what's a husband to do lest risk a cold shoulder. Give in loh! Managed to give the baby a quick run as you can see from the shots below.



Then just this morning, Sim and I headed to the Putrajaya International Balloon Fiesta. I'd prepared for a sunny morning - we reached there at 7:10am - but the hundreds of Nikon, Canon, Sony and Olympus-toting folks and their cameraphone-clutching brethren - were instead gifted with a grey and utterly flat sky. Cool enough for the many kiddos and their parents to enjoy the outdoors minus the scorching sun, but it was a bane for me at least. With landscape photography, you can minimise the sky but the subject of the day was balloons, so how could be not include the sky? But that wasn't for us to complain. Just make do.

The organizers could've done a better job as the announcements to photographers that the gates were open were not heard and by the time I saw many shutter happy folks inside the pen, it was too late. They'd closed the gate and I was forced to shoot from outside. Sim was resourceful enough to get in. It was nevertheless a good outing for me as I took the chance to pump Sim with lots of questions. Incidentally, the Nescafe balloon was the last to launch which wasn't a good sign since the tagline printed on its nylons was "Become A Morning Person". Obviously the caffeine wasn't strong enough in this one.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • Pretty good shots. Kit lense or Sigma?

    By Blogger Frank Chong, at 2:14 AM  

  • Frank, thanks. I used the Sigma. Post processing showed a bit of chromatic aberration, which is to be expected with a low-medium range lens. In any case, you’ll have to enlarge the image to 100% to see it (I shoot using the Large - 3300x2000 – Fine JPEG mode).

    By Blogger Jamie Pang, at 11:20 PM  

  • Hey Carbo, it's fun hanging out with you. Should do these activities more often. :) Btw, good shots there!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:48 PM  

  • Cinya SUI

    By Blogger pm19, at 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home