p pol The Adventures of Carboman: 20-Minute Pace

Thursday, February 26, 2009

20-Minute Pace

The laborious drive to work the last 2 days had been made more melancholy by the gloomy and overcast skies. It even rained this morning. David Sanborn's brilliantly produced "Hearsay" album couldn't perk me up, not when "The Long Goodbye" track is so heartbreakingly...well, long. Thoughts shifted everywhere (and faraway) except to work and driving.

It's been awhile since I felt that I was in a grind. The days have been bland, meaningless and one-dimensional. The feeling of well-being and satisfaction that floods the body and mind after a nice long run has been rare and too far between.

I've made sure that I'm still in touch with that which enriches me but reading passages from Sheehan's philosophy tinged "Running and Being" only made the longing greater.

Yeah, I'm definitely in the "missing something" zone. And I know what they are. I need a mug of coffee now. It always seem to make things better.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Hang in there, my friend.

    Mitch
    Shaker Heights, Ohio USA

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home