p pol The Adventures of Carboman: I Just Lost My Cousin-In-Law To Cancer

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I Just Lost My Cousin-In-Law To Cancer

While reading the morning papers barely 40 minutes ago, I received a call from my aunt. In between sobs she told me that her daughter-in-law, my cousin-in-law had passed away at the hospital after losing a 4-year battle with the disease. Just last Sunday at the Terry Fox Run, Yasmin Yusoff posed this question to the crowd, "How many of you know someone or have lost someone to cancer?". To which so many hands were raised. Diseases like cancer will not go away anytime soon. If this is nature's way of punishing humankind for the pollution, hate and moral degeneration, it has certainly got the wrong person. Then again, cancer doesn't discriminate.
 
If you had known my cousin-in-law, you'd have been charmed by her. She was one of the most easy going family member (even though not an immediate one) I have had. Yet she moved and spoke with such grace and tenderness, it's difficult not to be drawn to her. An attractive and intelligent woman in her mid-forties, I saw that she had plenty of strength in character in her when I stayed at her home for close to half a year when I moved to KL 15 years ago.

Her 2 daughters Samantha and Vanessa, and all who knew her will definitely miss her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home